11 September 2010

Wayne Rooney.. A Reaction..

United

Here’s something I’ve never blogged about before.. Manchester United.. I am a HUGE United fan.. HUGE as in I cried during the Champions League final thinking what would happen if Terry scored, HUGE as in jumping up and down screaming my lungs out and running around the cafe when Owen scored the last minute winner against City.. Ok so you get how big a fan i am.. All my siblings are United fans as well but my relatives are mainly Liverpool and Arsenal fans, so you can imagine the banter that happens during matchdays..

rooney_disgrace 

Anyway, what prompted me to write this post are the recent allegations against Wayne Rooney.. Wayne Mark Rooney has been hit with allegations of him sleeping with a prostitute when his wife Coleen was 3 months pregnant with his now 10 month old son Kai Rooney.. Now, I admit that the moment i read these reports, i ruled them out as absolutely rubbish.. Being a United fan, i guess it was the natural reaction with Rooney being our main man or more appropriately ‘talisman’.. but its been a week since these reports came to light, and now i have to admit, with Rooney’s failure to come out and deny these allegations, i guess they have to be somewhat if not entirely true.. Also, being Wayne Rooney, England’s greatest hope to lead them to any sort of glory, candidate for FIFA World Player of the Year, the newspapers that published this ‘story’ would be absolutely crazy to do so if it wasn’t true.. Given Rooney’s status nowadays, and the damage a story like this could do to him, if it was false Rooney could sue them into bankruptcy.. So taking into account all of this, my view is that yes he did cheat on his wife when she was pregnant.. and yes.. he has proven to be an ass of a human being..

rooney_fergie

I am absolutely gutted that he has done something like this.. Wayne Rooney.. United fans adored you.. and yes many would argue that its his personal life and should have no bearing on his job, a footballer.. Well maybe at clubs like Chelsea where their Captian, Leader, Legend, John Terry, married man, can sleep with the mother of his best friend/teammates child and still be adored by ‘Team Terry’(as his fans call themselves).. Or even Liverpool, where its ok for their Captain Stevie G, to go into clubs and beat up people just because they don’t play your songs.. BUT, this is MANCHESTER UNITED!! We pride ourselves on being better than others.. Better not only ON the pitch, but OFF it as well.. You can read all over the web, interviews, biographies, stories of how Sir Alex Ferguson is as a manager.. He treats each player with respect, and always teaches them above all things, being a better human being is just as important as being a better footballer.. That is one of the reasons I love this club so much.. that even when we’re so successful, the players are not arrogant and are always hungry to win more..

Wayne Rooney, I have no doubt that he will continue to give 100 percent every match that he plays and that he will still WOW us with his ability to do the extraordinary, however, I just do not feel the same about him anymore.. I no longer adore him.. I no longer see him as our future Captian..

(to be cont..)

1 comment:

Wei Keat said...

I never like him before and I really don't think that he is a good football player as well... well, it's ashame to get those news revealed... anyway, I believe MU can live without him!